LRTC Emergency Response Team|
Water Supply Unit
(Water Supply 1)
Updated July 30, 2012
This information sheet is primarily intended for persons associated with or working with the LRTC Technical Large Animal Rescue Team, however the information may be useful to other groups or private individuals who may wish to similarly equip a support unit or who may need to utilize the resources available on LRTC's Water Supply 1.
Water Supply 1 was originally built to provide emergency water to livestock and free-roaming horses on the range during droughts. At that time it was little more than a tank and pump mounted on a home built trailer with a length of hose for filling tanks.
As the years progressed, and with assistance from allied agencies that had some surplus equipment, Water Supply 1 has evolved into a multi-purpose resource.
The following inventory is carried on Water Supply 1.
- 400 Gallons water
- 110 GPM gasoline powered pump
- 100 gallon portable stock tank
- 2 inch pressurized dump valve
- 2 inch preconnected discharge line with 1½ inch 65 GPM SS/fog nozzle
- Extension lengths for 2 inch discharge line
- 125 ft. 1 inch booster line with forestry nozzle on electric rewind reel
- 100 ft. 5/8 inch HD garden hose
- 4) 25 ft. lengths 5/8 inch garden hose
- 16 ft. 2 inch drafting hose with strainer
- 3 inch supply hose with 2½ inch coupling
- Hand operated dewatering pump
- Nikopolis needle
- 4) 5-foot jetting wands (AKA mud lances)
- 1 to 4 manifold for jetting wand hoses
- 80 CF SCUBA cylinder, regulator and hoses
- 60 ft. long 5-inch diameter air boom
- Round point shovel
- Polaski tool
- 6 volt flashlight
- Dry chemical fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Various size utility ropes
- Nylon webbing
- Hydrant spanner
- NPSH to NST thread adapters
- Garden hose reducers and adapters
- Small diameter SS/fog nozzle
- Small diameter straight tip nozzle
- Hose clamp
- Bungee cords
- Shop rag
- Emergency roadside reflector stands
- Plastic tarp
Suction port marked in red. Discharge ports marked in blue.
Suction: 2 inch Cam Lock. (Suction hose has 2½ inch NST female coupling.)
Discharge: 2 inch dump, 2 inch preconnect, 1½ inch discharge, 1 inch booster, 3/4 inch discharge.
Jetting wands stored next to tank skid on RH rear.
Dewatering pump stored next to tank skid on RH rear.
"Red box." Jetting wand hoses, 3 inch filler line, fire extinguisher,
first aid kit,
6V lantern, roadside reflectors and large utility line.
Front of trailer. Stock tank, drafting hoses (one on each side of tank,)
Nicopolis needle arched over stock tank.
"Silver box." Hydrant spanner, hose clamp, small utility ropes, 1 to 4 manifold,
SS/fog nozzle, straight tip nozzle, thread adapters, shop towels, bungee cords, nylon webbing.
SCUBA cylinder, hose, air supply box and air boom hose.
Regulator, adapters, manifold, tire filler, gauge, floating rope, webbing.
Polaski tool and shovel mounted on back side of red box.
Example of using water powered rescue tools during training.
Example of drafting operation.
Reach of the 2-inch preconnected protection line.
The training information presented in these information sheets and guides is offered for illustrative and volunteer refresher purposes only. It is not a substitute for actual hands-on training.
Press Back to return to the page which brought you here